RBR Main Menu (Click to enlarge)
Note: The following files were changed.
I developed a plugin and named "Gauger Plugin"
for RBR : Richard Burns Rally
The Gauger Plugin for RBR is something like a dashboard, HUD or telemeter,
and it visually displays how much pedaling and steering etc.
It also works in replays with some exceptions.
I would like to introduce the Gauger Plugin to you in this page.
There are reverse-engineering data
And I hope this plugin will assist your progress of rally driving techniques in some way.
The Gauger Plugin is using a library called "DetourXS".
It is a similar library to
"Detours Express 2.1" by M$.
( I could download it from "Collaborative RCE Tool Library" and "UCDownloads". )
The DetourXS is released by Sinner, and includes the following credits.
By the way, I can't design my programs well.... um.... :(
- z0mbie's ADE32 (source code of disassembler)
- LanceVorgin's CDetour (some idea)
Screenshot of GaugerPlugin Ver. 0.4
(Click to enlarge)
Screenshot of GaugerPlugin Ver. 0.6
(Click to enlarge)
Demonstration Videos are here
Note: The following files (HUD position) were changed.
Gauger Plugin is something like a dashboard, HUD or telemeter,
and it can display the following data numerically and/or with analogue gauges.
Ver. 0.6 can also display the following data.
- Race Time
- Car Speed ( km/h / mph )
- Engine (Crankshaft) Revolutions ( rpm )
- Throttle ( Accelerator )
- Hand brake
In addition, you can change the layout, size and colors etc.
- Shift Up Light
- Lock / Slip Percentage
- Boost Pressure
- Water Temperature ( C / F )
- Travel Distance (Total Trip)
- Distance from near Start Control
- Distance to Finishing Line
However, it includes following problems.
Just for your information, Gauger Plugin detours a function
that call IDirect3DDevice9::EndScene at 0x0040E890 (0x0040BBE0 for NoSSE) on RBR process,
and inserts Gauger rendering processing.
- When "Animated Replay" in Rally School etc., the Gauger Plugin can NOT get the above data.
- We can NOT see the driving techniques of Professor Burns. >:( boooo :'(
- Gauger Plugin indicates different value from the actual speed, if tyres are locked / slipped.
- Gauger Plugin gets "filtered" values of steering, throttle and brake,
so the values are different from the actual operation's.
- Gauger Plugin is still in the process of development... :P
( In Mar. 2008, I started the reverse-engineering ... but it seemed too late. )
Don't get your hopes up too high to my bug fixing etc., please.
Nothing goes as planned anyway.
- Use this plugin at your own risk.
- Do NOT receive any financial benefits ( e.g. money etc. ).
- Do NOT add, change and remove any copyright, notices and terms.
You may use this plugin only if you keep these 3 terms.
Please do not forget a thankful heart to Sinner, z0mbie, LanceVorgin and Warthog....
And for base texture of boost gauge, thanks to bloom, Racer_S and BLITZ.
Thank you for your bug report, laurent and Tom.
- (Moderate) Knowledge of self-responsibility and self-sacrifice
- DirectX 9.0c ( Summer 2004 or later )
- RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe or RichardBurnsRally_NoSSE.exe playable PC
( RBR Official Patch Ver. 1.02 is patched )
Current Version :
Boo!nus Version :
Joke boo!st gauge (Turbo meter) was mounted! ;)
Old Versions are here
How to use :
- (Plugin Version)
Please make "Plugins" folder in the RBR folder,
and copy or move "GaugerPlugin.dll" into "Plugins".
e.g.) copy or move GaugerPlugin.dll into
D:\SCi Games\Richard Burns Rally\Plugins\
Please launch Gauger.exe (before or after launching RBR).
- Please launch RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe (or RichardBurnsRally_NoSSE.exe)
Note)You can use Kegetys's RBRdll
and Racer_S's Analog Gauges at the same time.
- Please see it in the replays etc.
- Please change the configuration, if you need.
e.g.) go to Options -> Plugins -> GaugerPlugin, then change and save,
or edit directly "GaugerPlugin.cfg" ("Gauger.cfg" for window version) create at first time.