Department of Economics
Tokyo 108-8345, Japan
Email: toyoNOSPAMtaka.firstname.lastname@example.org (delete NOSPAM)
Ph.D. in Economics,
University of Rochester, 2005.
Social Choice, Mechanism/Market Design, Public Economics
Google Scholar Citations:
Japanese page contains course information.
Born in Japan (1975)
B.A. in Commerce, Waseda University (1998)
M.A. in Economics, Kobe University (2000)
Ph.D. in Economics, University of Rochester (2005)
Associate Professor of Economics, Yokohama City University (2005-2006)
Associate Professor of Economics, Yokohama National University (2006-2011)
Associete Professor of Economics, Keio University (2011-2014)
Professor of Economics, Keio University (2014-present)
If you have any problem in downloading those pdf files, send me an e-mail.
- The Borda rule and the pairwise-majority-loser revisited (with Noriaki Okamoto)
- Representations of orderings that respect intergenerational equity
- A population monotonicity characterization of the uniform rule
(with Takuma Wakayama) (May 2012)
- Preference manipulations lead to the uniform rule (with Olivier Bochet and William Thomson) (temporarily unavailable) (We are now merging papers by Bochet-Sakai and by Thomson; a tentative version is available upon request)
- Choosing someone with monetary transfers: a comprehensive analysis (with Yuji Fujinaka and Shin Sakaue) (Dec 2009)
- Uniform, equal division, and other envy-free rules between the two
(with Takuma Wakayama)
(revised May 2009)
- Nash implementation in stochastic social choice
(with Olivier Bochet) (May 13, 2005)
Publications and forthcoming papers
- A search for the general will in a spatial model
Japanese Economic Review forthcoming.
- Axiomatizations of second price auctions with a reserve price
International Journal of Economic Theory (2013) Vol 9-3, pp. 255-265.
- An equity characterization of second price auctions when preferences may not be quasilinear (Revised June 2012)
Review of Economic Design (2013) Vol. 17-1, pp. 17-26.
- Fair waste pricing: an axiomatic analysis to the NIMBY problem
Economic Theory (2012) Vol. 50-2, pp. 499-521.
- Strategy-proofness, tops-only, and the uniform rule (with Takuma Wakayama)
Theory and Decision (2012) Vol. 72-3, pp. 287-301.
- A note on strategy-proofness from the doctor side in matching with contracts
Review of Economic Design (2011) Vol. 15-4, pp. 337-342.
- A characterization and an impossibility of finite length anonymity for infinite generations
Journal of Mathematical Economics
(2010) Vol. 46-5, pp. 877-883.
- Intergenerational equity and an explicit construction of welfare criteria
Social Choice and Welfare (2010) Vol. 35-3, pp. 393-414.
- Secure implementation in allotment economies (with Olivier Bochet)
Games and Economic Behavior (2010) Vol. 68-1, pp. 35-49.
- Nash implementation of competitive equilibria
in the job-matching market (with Takashi Hayashi)
International Journal of Game Theory (2009) Vol. 38-4, pp. 453-467.
- The positive consequence of strategic manipulation in indivisible good allocation (with Yuji Fujinaka)
International Journal of Game Theory (2009) Vol. 38-3, pp. 325-348.
- Walrasian social orderings in exchange economies
Journal of Mathematical Economics (2009) Vol. 45-1-2, pp. 16-22.
- Second price auctions on general preference domains:
Economic Theory (2008) Vol. 37-2, pp. 347-356.
- The manipulability of fair solutions in allocation of
an indivisible object with money (with Yuji Fujinaka)
Journal of Public Economic Theory (2007) Vol. 9-6, pp. 993-1011.
- Fairness and implementability in allocation of indivisible
objects with monetary compensations
Journal of Mathematical Economics (2007) Vol. 43-5, pp. 549-563.
- Maskin monotonicity in economies with indivisible goods and money
(with Yuji Fujinaka)
Economics Letters (2007) Vol. 94-2, pp. 253-258.
- Strategic manipulations of multi-valued solutions in economies
with indivisibilities (with Olivier Bochet)
Mathematical Social Sciences (2007) Vol. 53-1, pp. 53-68.
- Non-manipulable division rules in claim problems and generalizations
(with Biung-Ghi Ju and Eiichi Miyagawa)
Journal of Economic Theory (2007) Vol. 132-1, pp. 1-26.
- Equitable intergenerational preferences on restricted
Social Choice and Welfare (2006) Vol. 27-1, pp. 41-54.
- Dichotomous preferences and the possibility of
Arrovian social choice (with Masaki Shimoji)
Social Choice and Welfare (2006) Vol. 26-3, pp. 435-445.
- Intergenerational preferences and sensitivity to the present
Economics Bulletin (2003) Vol. 4-26, pp. 1-5.
- An axiomatic approach to intergenerational equity
Social Choice and Welfare (2003) Vol. 20-1, pp. 167-176.
The Kanematsu Fellowship, 2001, for An axiomatic approach to intergenerational equity
The Kanematsu Fellowship, 2002, for Dichotomous preferences and the possibility of Arrovian social choice (with Masaki Shimoji)
Full tuition scholarship, 2001-2005, University of Rochester
W. Allen Wallis Fellowship in Political Economy, 2003-2004
W. Allen Wallis Partial Fellowship in Political Economy, 2004-2005
Graduate Fellowship, University of Rochester, 2004-2005.
Economic Journal, Economic Record, Economics Bulletin, Economics Letters, Economic Theory, Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, European Journal of Operational Research, Games and Economic Behavior, International Journal of Economic Theory, International Journal of Game Theory, Japanese Economic Review, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Journal of Public Economic Theory, Journal of Urban Economics, Mathematical Social Sciences, Mathematics of Operations Research, Operations Research Letters, Review of Economic Design, Social Choice and Welfare, The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, Theoretical Economics Letters, Theory and Decision, etc