Decimal BASIC for Windows
Download for Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8
BASIC766E.zip (Ver. 7.6.6 Jun. 14, 2013) (1,003,245 Bytes)
BASIC.exe can not run properly within a ZIP folder.
Open the zip file, right-click the BASICw32 folder to copy,
and then paste it into any regular folder like User's Desktop, Documents, or a USB flash drive.
Open the BASICw32 folder and then double-click BASIC.exe to launch BASIC.
BASIC.exe may be shown as follows in Windows Explorer.
On Windows 7 or 8, you may encounter the screen like below.
Click More info, and then click Run Anyway.
When you click the Help button, you may encounter the trouble as below.
Use Windows Explorer to double-click BASIC.chm.
Uncheck Always ask before opening this file and then click Open.
cf. Microsoft Support Online
- Ver. 7.4.3
- PLOT TEXT was made to deal with projective transformation.
- Ver. 7.4.4
- Fixed the bug an array of size 4294967296 or its multiple caused an internal error.
- Ver. 7.4.5
- Fixed the bug a numeric primary attached before CON or IDN was evaluated after CON or IDN had been made.
- Fixed the bug incorrect change was made on stack overflow check in 7.4.4.
- Ver. 7.4.6
- Fixed the bug of power operations on the decimal or 1000-digit decimal mode.
- Ver. 18.104.22.168
- Fixed the bug that a program including an incorrect nest of block structures caused an internal error on compiling.
- Ver. 22.214.171.124
- Fixed the bug that a REMAINDER function caused an internal error on the rational operation mode.
- Ver. 126.96.36.199
- Fixed the bug string variables in local or external procedures caused memory leaks.
- Ver. 7.4.7
- CSV files which contains null numeric items was made to be able to be read as internal files.
- Ver. 7.5.0
- Added 3 original enhancements, 4-dim arrays, complex number coordinates in PLOT statements, and point styles 6 and 7.
- Ver. 7.5.1
- Added RECTYPE CSV.
Fixed the bug MAT PLOT CELLS did draw images at wrong positions in a viewport.
- Ver. 7.5.2
- Fixed the bug PRINT and INPUT could be used in the channel opened with RECTYPE CSV.
Fixed the bug the values that the string variable in a ASK PIXEL ARRAY got were reversed.
Fixed the bug MAT PLOT CELLS did not draw the cell to which the color index was incorrect.
Improved the performance in the input of a file that has long records.
- Ver. 7.5.3
- Fixed the bug PLOT statements could have both single complex coordinates and coordinate pairs.
- Ver. 7.5.4
- Fixed the bug LOCATE CHOICE and LOCATE CHOICE(1) was not identical.
- LOCATE VALUE(2), .. , LOCATE VALUE(5) added.
- Ver. 7.5.5
- Corrected the behavior of CHARACTER INPUT NOWAIT.
- Modified the behavior of SET DRAW MODE EXPLICIT.
- Ver. 7.5.6
- Fixed the bug that MAT INPUT for a varibale length vector yielded EXTYPE 7318.
- Ver. 7.5.7
- Fixed the bug that ASK PIXEL SIZE returned negative numbers in inverted coordinates.
- Ver. 7.5.9
- Fixed the bug that pamameters of a procedure have the precision of intermediate results.
- Ver. 7.6.1
- Modified the fault on the DOT function on the complex mode.
- Ver. 7.6.2
- Added original enhancements ASK TEXT FONT and ASK TEXT BACKGROUND.
- Ver. 7.6.3
- Added original enhancement FILE GETDIRECTORYNAME.
- Decreasd Virtual Stack Memery amount to suppress irregular behavior of file dialogs.
- Added MEM_TOP_DOWN option in the invocation of VirtualAlloc API.
- Ver. 7.6.4
- Added the Environment Option, where the amount of Virtual Stack Memory can be changed.
- Ver. 7.6.5
- Fixed the bug that OPEN statements executed in a recursive subprogram caused a system error.
- Reduced the maximum system stack size to 26 MBytes in order to lessen malfunction of open or save dialogs.
- New type file dialogs which use IFileDialog interface can be selected.
- Current directory can be selected for the initial directory from where program files are opened.
- Ver. 7.6.6
- Added an image file type PNG.
- Modified the behavior in multi-monitor environment.
- Fixed the faults in new type file dialogs.
Decimal BASIC 0.6.2.4
Decmal BASIC 0.6.2.4 is capable of manipulating UTF-8 characters.
Download BASIC0624En_Win from
Decimal BASIC Open Source Project at SourceForge.jp,
and extract into a regular folder whose path name has no space characters.
And then set the Option-Compatibility-Behavior-"Unit of String Operation" to "character".
Decimal BASIC main page