2011-Jan-29: Version 0.9.9 is released.
- support for old sysfs, patch contributed by Kabe
- add spec file, also contributed by Kabe
2011-Jan-22: New spec file for the version 0.9.8 is contributed by Kabe.
2010-Dec-01: Version 0.9.8 is released.
- verification support for some unusual devices
- fix typo
2010-Nov-23: Version 0.9.7 is released.
- add verification feature, thanks to Robert M. Stockmann
2009-Nov-04: Version 0.9.6 is released.
- bug fix of the method of usb floppy detection with sysfs
2009-Oct-03: Version 0.9.5 is released.
- use sysfs for the device detection (if not exist, use procfs)
2007-Nov-17: Ufiformat's spec file for rpm package was contributed by Kabe.
2007-Nov-10: Version 0.9.4 is released.
- add path info in a error message when /dev/sg* is unavailable suggested by Kabe
- add manpage contributed by Kabe
- store ufiformat binary to (prefix)/bin instead of sbin
2006-Nov-25: Version 0.9.3 is released. Patch contributed by Martin.
- bug fix of device detection
2006-Mar-08: As a result of co-work with John Floyd, new version 0.9.2 is released.New features:
details in ChangeLog
- format in various capacities
- show device information
- pre-format safety checks
Usage: ufiformat [OPTION]... [DEVICE] Format a floppy disk in a USB floppy disk DEVICE. -f, --format [SIZE] specify format capacity SIZE in KB without -f option, the format of the current media will be used. -V, --verify verify the medium after formatting -F, --force do not perform any safety checks -i, --inquire show device information, instead of performing format without DEVICE argument, list USB floppy disk devices -v, --verbose show detailed output -q, --quiet suppress minor output -h, --help show this messageExamples:
To use this program, both /dev/sd* and /dev/sg* need to be accessible.
To format a media keeping its current geometry:
To format a media for 2hd(1.44MB):
ufiformat -f 1440 /dev/sda
To list USB floppy devices:
To show USB floppy device information:
ufiformat -i /dev/sda
High-level formatting is usually needed after using this program(ex. mkfs.vfat -I /dev/sda).
"Universal Serial Bus Mass Storage Class - UFI Command Specification" Revision 1.0 December 14 1998
© 2005-2011 firstname.lastname@example.org