Institute for Solid State Physics, University of Tokyo
(- March, 2007) Photoemission study of transition-metal oxides in the form of epitaxial thin films
(April, 2007- ) Resonant soft x-ray scattering and x-ray absorption studies of the interfaces in transition-metal-oxide thin films
2002 BS, Department of Physics, University of Tokyo
2004 MS, Fujimori Group, Department of Physics, University of Tokyo
Thesis "In-situ Photoemission Study of La1-xSrxFeO3 Epitaxial Thin Films" download (4.69MB)
2007 DSc, Fujimori Group, Department of Physics, University of Tokyo
Thesis "Photoemission studies of perovskite-type transition-metal oxides in epitaxial thin films" download (18.5MB)
Apr, 2007-Mar, 2009: JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow for Research Abroad, Sawatzky Group, University of British Columbia
Apr, 2009-May, 2009: Postdoctoral Fellow, Sawatzky Group, University of British Columbia
June, 2009-June, 2010: CIFAR Global Scholar, Sawatzky Group, University of British Columbia
July, 2010-December, 2013: Lecturer, Department of Applied Physics and Quantum-Phase Electronics Center (QPEC), University of Tokyo
January, 2014-: Associate Professor, Institute for Solid State Physics, University of Tokyo
Feb 1-5, 2010 Visiting Scientist, EMPA (Dr. Artur Braun)
86. K. Yamamoto, Y. Kubota, M. Suzuki, Y. Hirata, K. Takubo, Y. Uemura, R. Fukaya, K. Tanaka, W. Nishimura, T. Ohkochi, T. Katayama, T. Togashi, K. Tamasaku, M. Yabashi, Y. Tanaka, T. Seki, K. Takanashi, and H. Wadati: "Ultrafast demagnetization of Pt magnetic moment in L10-FePt probed by hard x-ray free electron laser", arXiv:1810.02551v1.
85. S. Suzuki, K. Takubo, K. Kuga, W. Higemoto, T. U. Ito, T. Tomita, Y. Shimura, Y. Matsumoto, C. Bareille, H. Wadati, S. Shin, and S. Nakatsuji: "High temperature antiferromagnetism proximate to a Kondo insulator in a-YbAl1-xMnxB4", arXiv:1803.09366v1.
2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004
H. Wadati, K. Takubo, T. Tsuyama, Y. Yokoyama, K. Yamamoto, Y. Hirata, T. Ina, K. Nitta, M. Mizumaki, T. Togashi, S. Suzuki, Y. Matsumoto, and S. Nakatsuji: "X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy of 4f Compounds and Future Directions Toward Time-resolved Measurements", Adv. X-Ray. Chem. Anal. Japan 49, 169-175 (2018) .
H. Wadati, S. Yamamura, K. Ishii, M. Suzuki, E. Ikenaga, J. Matsuno, and H. Takagi: "Electronic Structures of SrIrO3/SrTiO3 Superlattices Revealed by Synchrotron X-Ray Diffraction and Spectroscopy", Adv. X-Ray. Chem. Anal. Japan 48, 215-223 (2017) .
14. Sh. Yamamoto, Y. Kubota, K. Yamamoto, Y. Takahashi, K. Maruyama, Y. Suzuki, R. Hobara, M. Fujisawa, D. Oshima, S. Owada, T. Togashi, K. Tono, M. Yabashi, Y. Hirata, S. Yamamoto, M. Kotsugi, H. Wadati, T. Kato, S. Iwata, S. Shin, and I. Matsuda: "Femtosecond resonant magneto-optical Kerr effect measurement on an ultrathin magnetic film in a soft X-ray free electron laser", Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 57, 09TD02-1-4 (2018).
13. Y. Kubota, Sh. Yamamoto, T. Someya, Y. Hirata, K. Takubo, M. Araki, M. Fujisawa, K. Yamamoto, Y. Yokoyama, M. Taguchi, S. Yamamoto, M. Tsunoda, H. Wadati, S. Shin and I. Matsuda: "Polarization dependence of resonant magneto-optical Kerr effect measured by two types of figure-8 undulators", J. Electron. Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom. 220, 17-20 (2017).
16. H. Wadati: Time-resolved x-ray diffraction/spectroscopy study of transition-metal compounds, Kotai Butsuri 52(5) 45-53 (2017).
15. H. Wadati: "Resonant Soft X-Ray Scattering Studies of Transition-Metal Oxides", Resonant X-Ray Scattering in Correlated Systems (Springer) 159-196, (2017).
14. H. Wadati: "Novel spintronics and devil's staircase", Parity 31(5), 48 (2016).
13. H. Wadati and Y. Tanaka: "Resonant soft x-ray diffraction studies of transition-metal compounds", Journal of the Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research 27, 298-306 (2014).
12. H. Wadati and A. Fujimori: "Hard x-ray photoemission spectroscopy of transition-metal oxide thin films and interfaces", J. Electron Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom. 190, 222–227 (2013).
11. H. Wadati and A. Fujimori: "X-Ray Spectroscopic Studies of Conducting Interfaces between Two Insulating Oxides", Functional Metal Oxides (Wiley) 303-318 (2013).
10. H. Wadati: "Report on JSSRR scientific awards", Journal of the Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research 26, 118-121 (2013).
9. A. J. Achkar, T. Z. Regier, H. Wadati, E. J. Monkman, K. M. Shen, Y.-J. Kim, H. Zhang, and D. G. Hawthorn: "Developments in Inverse Partial Fluorescence Yield", CLS Research Report 2011, 28-29 (2012).
8. H. Wadati, J. Okamoto, M. Garganourakis, V. Scagnoli, U. Staub, Y. Yamasaki, H. Nakao, Y. Murakami, M. Mochizuki, M. Nakamura, M. Kawasaki, and Y. Tokura: "Origin of the Large Electric Polarization in Multiferroic Orthorhombic YMnO3 Thin Films Revealed by Soft and Hard X-Ray Diffraction", Photon Factory Activity Report 2011, PART A, Highlights and Facilty Report, 20-21 (2012).
7. H. Wadati: "Magnetic Frustration in a Mn Honeycomb Lattice Induced by Mn-O-O-Mn Pathways", Frustration Newsletter Vol.12, 24-25 (2011).
6. H. Wadati, D. G. Hawthorn, T. Z. Regier, G. Chen, T. Hitosugi, T. Mizokawa, A. Tanaka, and G. A. Sawatzky: "Valence evaluation of LiMnO2 and related battery materials by x-ray absorption spectroscopy", CLS Research Report 2010, 26-27 (2011).
5. H. Wadati: "Electronic structure of the SrTiO3/LaAlO3 interface revealed by resonant soft x-ray scattering", Journal of the Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research 22, 70-76 (2009).
4. H. Wadati, A. Maniwa, A. Chikamatsu, I. Ohkubo, H. Kumigashira, M. Oshima, A. Fujimori, M. Lippmaa, M. Kawasaki, and H. Koinuma: "An In Situ Photoemission Study of Pr1-xCaxMnO3 Epitaxial Thin Films with Suppressed Charge Ordering", Photon Factory Activity Report 2007, PART A, Highlights and Facilty Report, 26-27 (2008).
3. H. Wadati: "Recent PhD Graduates", Journal of the Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research 20, 203-204 (2007).
2. H. Wadati, T. Yoshida and A. Fujimori: "High-Resolution Photoemission Spectroscopy of Perovskite-Type Transition-Metal Oxides", Lect. Notes Phys. 715 "High-Resolution Photoemission Spectroscopy" (Springer-Verlag), 327-347 (2007).
1. H. Wadati: "In-situ Photoemission Study of La1-xSrxFeO3 Epitaxial Thin Films", Bussei Kenkyu (Kyoto) 82, 978-1010 (2004).
1. Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun (Jan. 25, 2012)
53. Max Planck-UBC-UTokyo Center for Quantum Materials Workshop 2018: Ultrafast Element-specific Charge/Spin Dynamics Studied by Time-resolved X-ray Measurements (Tokyo, December 2018).
52. BIT's 9th World Gene Convention-2018 (WGC-2018): X-Ray Absorption/Scattering Studies of Charge/Spin Dynamics in Functional Materials (Singapore, November 2018).
51. The Fourteenth International Conference on Electronic Spectroscopy and Structure (ICESS-14): Ultrafast charge/spin dynamics revealed by time-resolved x-ray measurements (Shanghai, October 2018).
50. Conference on Laser and Synchrotron Radiation Combination Experiment 2018: Time-resolved x-ray study of ultrafast charge/spin dynamics (Yokohama, April 2018).
49. Emergent Condensed-Matter Physics 2018: Observing novel electronic states in transition-metal compounds by soft x-ray (Hiroshima, March 2018).
2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003
1. Wakate (B) (2016-04-01 - 2018-03-31)
8. 2017 Research Foundation for the Electrotechnology of Chubu
7. 2017 The Murata Foundation for Basic Research (Travel support)
6. 2016 Toray Research Foundation
5. 2016 Research Foundation for Opto-Science and Technology
4. 2015 The Asahi Foundation for Basic Research
3. 2014 The Murata Foundation for Basic Research
2. 2013 The Sumitomo Foundation for Basic Science Research Projects
1. 2011 The Kao Foundation for Arts and Sciences
7. 2018 Electromagnetism (Winter Semester)
6. 2017 Physics Seminar (Winter Semester)
5. 2016 Optical Properties and Spectroscopy of Materials (Summer Semester)
4. 2015 Optical Properties and Spectroscopy of Materials (Summer Semester)
3. 2013 Mathematics 2B (Summer Semester)
2. 2012 Mathematics 2B (Summer Semester)
1. 2011 Mathematics 2D practice (Summer Semester)
10. The Young Scientists' Prize (The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) (April 2018).
9. Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan (March 2016).
8. 2013 NIMS Conference Poster Presentation Award (July 2013).
7. 17th JSSRR scientific awards (January 2013).
6. Inoue Research Award for Young Scientists, Inoue Foundation for Science (February 2009).
5. Faculty of Science Study Award, University of Tokyo (March 2007).
4. The Best Talk Award, The 19th symposium of The Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research (January 2006).
3. The Best Poster Award, The 1st symposium of SR Surface Science Division in Surface Science Society of Japan (November 2005).
2. The Best Poster Award, The 17th symposium of The Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research (January 2004).
1. The Best Poster Award, PF symposium "Nanotechnology and High-Energy-Resolution Photoemission Spectroscopy" (December 2003).
The Physical Society of Japan
The Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research
The Japan Society of Applied Physics
Vancouver Go Association
5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8581, Japan
TEL: +81-4-7136-3400 FAX: +81-4-7136-3283
Institute for Solid State Physics (University of Tokyo)
CIFAR Global Scholar Alumni
Members of Sawatzky Group (UBC)
Members of Fujimori Group (University of Tokyo)