Microsoft Movie Maker to Slideshow Conversion Tool
The other day, I wrote my slideshow on this Monologue and I wrote I was developing Microsoft Windows Live Movie Maker to Slideshow Conversion Tool, -wlmp2html.exe. But, since then I've not touched this project for 5 years, and I almost forgot that project.
Recent maintenance activity of my Slideshow tool recalled my old memory, and again, I am trying to complete that project now.
As I wrote before, the main reason of a tool development is;
1. Microsoft Movie Maker is so easy to use for making Slideshow like Movie. (using only still photos, not videos)
2. It has full of features, such as pan/zoom, transition effects, text display effects, background music, etc...
3. If you only want to enjoy the built show on your local PC, you don't need to build into MP4 or Video encoded file.
4. But, you can enjoy only on your local PC. If you want to upload the Show on to Internet, you have to convert it to Video encoded format.
5. Movie Maker conversion to Video style is very easy, but the problem is the size of Video file.
6. Small project using reasonable amount of photos becomes near 100 MB size, and almost eating up my WEB site space.
So, my concludion is to have a single tool, which works for both local PC and Internet WEB.
Whar is the intention of using Movie Maker? It is so easy to build the show. I will use that easiness, but once the Movie Maker project is done, I will use that project file, which does not have any binaries, instead text only. Then my conversion tool wlmp2html.exe will convert to Slideshow.
As you can see from the following screen snapshot, I am using HTA file for local application, and HTML for Internet application.
What is the difference? Basically, no difference. The HTML file can be run on both environment without any change. If you really want to change HTML to HTA, you can do that by changing the file extention from ".html" to ".hta", but the reason I am using 2 styles is that the local application does not change or add any current file directory structure on PC and uses as same as Movie Maker does. While the Internet application creates the image and music directories and gathers photos/music files into these directoies for WEB upload easiness.
Uploadability to the WEB site and maintenability of the WEB site is the key of HTML style.
I've almost completed development, and is now verifing program functions for any existence of bugs. Soon, I will post this tool on download section of my WEB.
The following figure is the screen shot of the tool. You can download the tool HERE.
Note: ¥ (Yen) character seen on the screen shot is actualy '\' (back-slash) character in English language environment.