|ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate) is:
1. energy-craving molecule present in all
2. ATP assaults your senses with maximum
- After breaking up his former band, African Tribe Punk, sonic experimental
guitarist Mug built a private studio in Tokyo. And soon he started to look for members to form Adenosine Tri Phosphate. Fellow University of Chicago graduate Taata,
and LA's MI drummer Kazz were invited into the new ATP.
- The concept of the new band
"Pop Music with Punk Spirit..and Sonic Experimental Twist.....".
- CD, Sun Dancer. This allowed the band to move on to bigger venues,
ultimately leading to appearances
national television shows
such as Zeus' Holiday and Jaka-Jan.
a documentary styled
program, touted ATP as the
best thing in
Japanese alternative music.
- Then, ATP decided to "live" in the studio. For more than 2 years,
ATP did not play in front of audience, and instead
they continued their
search of new music in the studio by experimenting, producing others, and
- Aroused Zen Monk was the band's first album
since Sundancer. It was a
collection of songs ATP recorded
time. And it became available
to the world thanks to newly
MP3.com, one of the founder
of the movement
really helped ATP to gain
many overseas Fans. In fact,
were downloaded more than
ONE MILLION times.
Robertson even mentioned
ATP in his newsletter, as the
band from Asia, and as
the good example of Internet
- Aroused Zen Monk (Mp3 CD)
became one of the best sellers
and even made Top 10 in
several College Radios...all
Mr. Robertson and Internet.
- ATP did the first overseas
tour in 2000,
visiting all over Asia. ATP
the long exciting tour with
at "Psychedelic 2000"
festival in HongKong.
- In 2001 ATP released the soundtrack
anime movie Guilstein, an
action/horror film based on
the manga by
Tamaki Hisao. CD is released
from Universal/Kitty. DVD is
Shogakukan in Japan.
- In 2002 ATP toured all over
headlining appearances at
"All Tomorrow's parties
festival and "Greater
- ATP helped their friend J-rock singer Momoyo to reform the legenday "lizard". They played a few gigs and new lizard in Tokyo.
- From 2003 to 2004, ATP took a hiatus again
in their recording studio.
Except for a few gigs in small
spent most of their days in
The result was more than 50
(Demo version of some of those
available from internet,
such as soundclick.com.)
- In 2005, ATP finally landed in USA. ATP did
their first US tour in
in California/USA. Played in
clubs and colleges.
(Thier performance at DNA lounge
- In January 2007, ATP's new maxi single "A Wish Away" was released.
The song "a wish away" was already internet smash hit. Soundclick.com
(one of the largest US music site) rated the song the best J-pop. 5
more songs from 2003-2004 sessions and 2 Live takes from US tour were listed
in this CD.
- In 2010, ATP finally finished mixing a long awaited new album "Welcome
To My Psychedelic World". 15 new songs were recorded and mixed at
thier new studio "Spider House" by themselves. They are planning
to release the album sometime in the late spring in Japan, and a little
later around the world. They are planning to tour in Japan and USA.
- ATP is more active than ever outside of their studio, Mug says, "
I think we finally found the way to play ATP right... we can now kick ass
techinically and play pop tunes while still remaining experimental and
punk....and rather emotional.
Please come and see us...